Wednesday 18 September 2013

What a day - Only get to spend little time with family


It's almost midnight and I just got home not long. After a long weekend break, going back to work is the hardest. Somehow I felt extremely tired today and I wish that I could just pop down on my workstation and snore away.

Maybe it's because I had a fulfilling three days with my family. I was chasing after and playing with the kids one moment. And the next moment I will be screaming my heads off them. Being at home with my two boys is never ever a dull moment.

Most of the time spent is in the office and away from the kids. I think at times I see my colleagues more than I see my family. Which is why I treasure every moment I can with them. Since time is not on my side, I could only count on quality time.

I was disappointed that I was not able to spend as much time with the kids today as I was hoping to. My planned to leave early was dashed when my boss asked me to stand in a conference call with Singapore after office hours. I was stuck in the office until 8 pm.

And by the time I arrived at my parents place where my kids are being cared for, it was already 9 pm. I only had like an hour to eat and play with them before rushing home. My boys, niece and nephews wanted to play lanterns and I joined them after rushing through my dinner.

It may not be much but I hope that I was able to spend some quality time with them. On the way home , Sebastian fell asleep and Maximus followed suit when we arrived home. Tucking them to bed and after a refreshing shower, I have just a little time to ponder about my day. 

Tomorrow I will try to be early as possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment