Monday 10 June 2013

Food: Delicious Coco Steamboat - Cheras

Coco Restaurant Front
One fine Saturday evening, me and wife were wondering what to have for dinner and my wife started Google for places to eat around Cheras area. She came across the Coco Steamboat Restaurant and we decided to pay a visit there. Luckily we managed to get there early and got a sit inside the restaurant with the luxury of air-cond.

The funny thing is, I pass by this place daily and never notice this restaurant. It's located within a row of office-shop lots at Taman Bukit Hijau, Cheras. It's sort of hidden by view from Jalan Cheras due to the row of trees.

But, despite being hidden, it's popularity certainly isn't. Even arriving shortly after the opening hours, we were greeted by tables filled with customers already devouring the scrumptious food.  

We sat down and poured through the menu and placed our order for their famous pork-bone soup and ordered 3 sets of the usual steamboat ingredients (16.80/pax). Their ingredients are fresh and of good quality. Even my son gave thumbs up on their fish ball as being very tangy and soft to the bite.

 The usual yee-mee, meehoon and eggs that comes with the steamboat ingredients.

 I ordered one their signature handmade mushroom pork balls (can't remember the price, RM9.90 if not wrong). It was heavenly. These pork balls are delicious and fresh unlike those processed meat balls that we often gets. A definite must try.

 And their sliced pork (RM9.90 if not wrong), are also a must have. We hardly get thin sliced pork at steamboat restaurants unless you visit Shabu Shabu restaurants.

I ordered the fish maw (RM15) for my son since it's his favourite. The portion is definitely more than in the photo. I have to cook some in the soup broth as my son is crying hungry... Hahaha.

Ahhh ... their signature pork-bone soup broth (RM18.90) served in a claypot. If you do not want the pork bone soup, they also serves the clear soup or porridge. The ingredients are in and cooking in the wonderful broth. The smell is heavenly and I got hungrier by the second.

 While waiting for the soup to boil, we enjoyed their crispy fried chicken wings. A must have to kill time and quench hunger pangs waiting for the food to cook.

 Their extra spicy chilli sauce. Too spicy for me but just right for my wife. By this time, we are pigging-away on Coco's fresh and delicious steamboat and sorry, too busy for phototaking. Need to feed my stomach.

My son playing around with the meehoon and imitating Master Shifu of Kung Fu Panda. Cheeky little boy.

Would I go back to Coco Steamboat Restaurant? Hell yeah. Their ingredients are fresh and soup broth is delicious. Their pricing is also reasonable for the quality they serve. The Coco's staff are friendly and smiley. I would definitely return and recommend highly to everyone.

I can't really recall the exact pricing but the total bill was approximately RM100 inclusive of drinks for 4 pax (3 adults and 1 kid).

Address:
No. 37 Ground Floor,
Jalan 1/119,
Taman Bukit Hijau (within Taynton View),
Cheras 56100,
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-9130 1940 / 019-338 2222 (Jasly Wong)
Business Hours: Opens daily from 6:00pm - 11:00pm (alternate Monday off)





No comments:

Post a Comment