Thursday 22 August 2013

Gastric Problems - Hate it when it hits

I am prone to gastric and without any warning, it will hit me like a brick to my face. I just hates it when I gets gastric problem because once the pain hits me, I will curl up in pain, rendering me powerless but at the same time keeping a straight face throughout the day in the office.

So, what is gastric?
Gastritis is the inflammation of the mucousal lining of the stomach caused by ingesting something irritating or by infection. It starts out with sharp severe pain at the pit of the stomach and occasionally will result in nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. You will also experience gas build-up causing tummy bloated and discomfort.


How it happens?
The layer of mucin protecting the stomach lining from acids may have become damaged, for example by bile salts which have entered into the stomach from the duodenum. As a result, the acidic gastric juice irritates and burns the lining, causing gastritis.


What triggers it?
  • Physical and mental stress can also cause ulceration
  • Causes of gastric mucosa inflammation:
        a. Acidic foods
        b. Alcohol
        c. Smoking
        d. Stress
        e. Drugs 

How to avoid it?
  • Don't skip meals
  • Hot Spicy foods
  • Alcohol 
  • Smoking 
  • Excessive eating 
  • Large meals before bed 
  • Fatty food


No comments:

Post a Comment