Wednesday 2 October 2013

Food - Coffee Berry @ Taman Bukit Hijau, Cheras


We passed by this cafe few times when we patronise Coco Steamboat, which is on the same adjacent road. So we decided to pay a visit one fine sunny day for lunch. My first impression was that it looks like some quaint-olden Chinese steakhouse.


The interior of the cafe is cosy and comfortable. Not much for design, but as I mentioned, it looks like those olden steakhouse. Surprisingly, there were quite a number of customers. My guess they are mostly residents at walking distance who pops by this cafe for their meal. Well, if this cafe is located near my place, I would frequent it often as well.

They have quite a wide selection of food and beverages. Apart from the a-la carte menu, they provide set meals as well that comes with drinks. Since this is our first visit, we were not sure on what to order and we took the set meals available.

For the kids, they had iced-Ribena with lemon. Had to order an extra drink for Maximus since he ordered the chicken wings only. Sebastian's drink is included in his spaghetti with chicken-chop set.


For me I ordered their coffee and my wife ordered their cappuccino. The coffee was not bad but the cappuccino taste like some 3-in-1 coffee. For us, we would not order the cappuccino again.


For our meal, we ordered the Soup Noodles with Fish Slices, Lamb cutlet, spaghetti with chicken chop and chicken wings. The soup noodle is not bad but it is not my cup of tea. The fish slices are fresh and the soup broth is good.

As for the lamb cutlet that I ordered, I was sort of disappointed when it arrived. I was expecting the lamb to be thicker. The egg was also pre-cooked and was quite hard. It doesn't take much time to fry an egg right. I will skip this and try their other dishes the next time.


The spaghetti with chicken chop was I think the best overall. The portion is huge and tasty. The chicken was nicely deep-fried and juicy. Thumbs up for this dish. The chicken wings was not bad as well. But my kids did not like the taste. I think it is marinated with chinese bean curd and the sauce is spicy hot.

I would recommend that you check out this place when you are around the area.

Location: 
No 1, Jalan 1/119,
Taman Bukit Hijau Cheras,
56000 Kuala Lumpur
(03-91342272)


No comments:

Post a Comment